What We Do
AULEDA supports Vlora region development and facilitates its alignment with the National Stabilization and Association Agreement Action Plan, the National Strategy for Development and Integration and the Integrated Planning System.
Thanks to its well established relationship with local government, AULEDA has been able to develop a comprehensive strategy for regional development based on five priority areas :
- Transparency and accountability
- Participative public decision-making
- Increased and more equitable access to quality basic services
- Inclusive regional development for reducing disparities among Municipalities
- Environmentally sustainable development
Moreover, attention for gender issues and capacity building have been defined by AULEDA as cross-cutting priorities of its activities.Working for supporting the decentralization of economic development decision-making and implementation, AULEDA :
Acts as a forum for participated dialogue on local economic development.
- Providing an open space for decision-making, and
- Facilitating the relations among public institutions and civil society
Coordinates local economic development planning and implementation.
- Identifying the priorities of the territory, and
- Providing technical assistance to local administration developing territorial Strategic Planning
Supports local enterprises development and sustainability.
- Sustaining local entrepreneurs in defining their business plans, verifying their feasibility and starting economic activities
- Providing local entrepreneurs with inexpensive credit (disbursed after verifying the feasibility of the entrepreneurial project)
- Assuring to local entrepreneurs post-financing assistance
- Promoting the association of small entrepreneurs in cooperatives and brand partnerships,
- Supporting local small producers' launch in national and international markets
- Enhancing local economic, social and cultural resources and helping their channelling into a competitive and sustainable system of value chains
Promotes social inclusion of economically disadvantaged groups
- Facilitating the access to credit for social enterprises (trough its Guarantee Fund)
- Enhancing the participation of all the local social actors in the decision-making process regarding local development
- Supporting, in particular, disadvantaged women in their entrepreneurial activities, for re-affirming their economic and social role
Raises environmental awareness among local economic development actors
Facilitates the integration of local economic development strategies in national and international initiatives, being part of national and international networks.